Aldersgate in Mission (AiM) is a new initiative of Aldersgate United Methodist Church. AiM is meant to build upon the great work that we are already doing. Twice per year we will gather on a Saturday morning for a brief time of devotion before we go and serve our community in a variety of ways. There will be opportunities for persons of all ages to be involved.
Our first AiM event is Saturday, October 13, 8:30-12:00.
Volunteers will meet at Aldersgate at 8:30a.m. Pastor Chris will speak and pray over participants. Volunteers will then meet with their leaders for final instructions before leaving for their specific locations.
Volunteers and donations are needed! You can sign up at: AldersgateLife.com/AiM, by texting AiM2018 to 816.744.3338, at the table in the lobby, on your Connect Card, or by calling the office.
We have five mission opportunities for our first AiM event:
- Coldwater – Volunteers will help sort and bag food for families to pick up. Volunteers: 11 and older.
- Kansas City Rescue Missions (KCRM) Men’s Center – Volunteers will prepare and serve lunch and are encouraged to visit with residents during meal time. Volunteers: 18 and older.
- KCRM Women’s Center – Volunteers will prepare and serve lunch, polish residents’ nails, and hand out gift bags. Volunteers: 18 and older.
- HopeKids – Volunteers will assist with crafts, games, activities, and food for the HopeKids and their families, including engaging in conversations with parents. Volunteers: all ages.
- Hope Faith – Volunteers will serve lunch at the center to homeless men, women, and children. Volunteers: 18 and older.
Attire: Wear your new Aldersgate t-shirts, jeans, and tennis shoes (required).
Transportation: Carpooling is recommended.
Lunch: Teams are welcome to eat together after serving. Childcare: NOT provided.
If you have any additional questions or need more info, please fill out the form below and we will get back with you as soon as possible.